Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Photog Retreat 2010 [The Concept]

Hi everyone! I just wanted to write a brief little note about the vision and concept of the Photog Retreat [Bahamas]. I have only been in the industry a short time but have learned fast that the best path to success to to learn as much as you can and build real, lasting relationships. I have been very fortunate to have expereinced some fantastic workshops, shootouts, PUGs, SMUGs, trade shows and the like. Some of my best friends today came from chance encounters at these events. Not only have I learned so much from these friends, they continue to inspire and challenge me. When I am stumped or need a creative jolt, they are there.

The idea of the cruise came when I just decided one day it would be nice to go on a cruise...at the same time I was kicking around an idea for an informal workshop that blended a variety of speakers, focused on networking, building relationships and helping photographers work together for success...

Not too long after these ideas came along, I discovered that cruiselines have conference spaces avaiable for groups- so WHAMO- that was it!

I imeadiatley talked to my friends in the industry to get their opinion and feedback...Scarlett, Ezra, Bobby, Mel and Kara were all super supportive and very excited about the idea. So, that was all I needed to get the ball rolling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment