Thursday, December 23, 2010

Welcome [Jennifer] to the Family!

This week, we thought that a double dose of incredible would be appropriate for the holidays. This week as we celebrate Christmas with our loved ones, we also celebrate another remarkably talented photographer we are proud to add to our family...
Meet Jennifer, owner of Jennifer Sosa Photography in New York! Jennifer is a native New Yorker specializing in Wedding/Portrait Photography. She was raised in Queens and loves the diversity and creativity that NYC offers her as an artist.

The Facts:
Camera: Canon 5D and 5D Mark II
Favorite Lenses: 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8
Experience: Graphic Design Major turned Professional Photographer


We also asked Jennifer to share a little bit of what she is looking forward to with the Photog Retreat and here are her answers...

What are you looking forward to most about the Photog Retreat?
Fun Photoshoot and meeting lots of other photographers while learning more about the business.

What challenges you most as a photographer?
Group photos! I find it difficult to position lots of people in an interesting way.

What challenges you most as a business owner?
I'm more of an artist than business person. I find making packages and pricing challenging.

And of course our favorite questions...
Tell us a little bit about yourself? (what makes you, YOU!)
People often compare me to Ugly Betty. (I take it as a compliment). She is strong, independent, optimistic, warm, quirky, colorful, full of life and has a personality all her own. She is confident in who she is and won't compromise her ideals. If you couldn't tell, I'm also a fan of her show! :)

After being a graphic design assistant for 2 years I got laid off. It was actually the best thing that ever happened to me. With all the free time I had, I rediscovered my love for Photography. I shot my first wedding in the summer of 2009 and I haven’t looked back since. It's been a roller coaster ride but I'm loving every minute of it!

Please join us in welcoming Jennifer to our wonderful family! Thank you Jennifer for adding your style and refreshing perspective to our upcoming retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment